Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thing #4 RSS and Newsreaders

Well, my immersion into RSS feeds was not for me. Talk about information overload! I don’t like the idea of information constantly flowing to me. I looked at Google Reader and NetVibes and wasn't interested. I guess I’m just old fashioned, but I like going to a website when I want to, a blog when I want, getting news when I want, contacting friends when I want. I don’t need a place where the latest update on my interests are pushed on me. This is not how I inform myself. If I’m little behind that’s alright. Slow down you move too fast! I find the concept very distracting.

For those who don’t like people or things infringing on your space, this is not for you (or me). So for the moment, I will have nothing to do with RSS feeds, and feel my life better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment